Are you planning to create or recreate your brand identity and source high-quality visuals? Or, are you a small business starting new and needing a memorable logo with other remarkable visuals? Surely, you need a trustworthy platform to meet your design requirements. Designhill is a trusted creative marketplace that has been a preferred meeting ground for business owners and graphic designers worldwide.
Designhill is known for its user-friendly design services. This platform makes it easier for businesses to collaborate with talented designers. Since these designers have skill sets and come from different cultural backgrounds, they help take creativity to the next level.
With a wide range of graphic design services, from logo design to business card design and website design, this creative marketplace is a one-stop destination to source high-quality visual assets.
This Designhill review offers a comprehensive view of its varied services and the benefits it offers to small business owners.
Let’s look deeper at what Designhill offers and how you benefit from its services.
Table of Contents
What is Designhill, and how does it work?
Now that you want to learn more about Designhill and how it works, here is what you should know:
What is Designhill?
Designhill is an online graphic design aka creative marketplace connecting business owners with designers worldwide. Clients who require visual brand assets can launch design contests for designers on this platform.
They can also work with them on a 1-to-1 basis. The platform also offers collaboration tools that let clients work with designers smoothly to create impressive design for branding purposes.
How it works?
Designhill is a creative marketplace. It brings designers and business owners together to collaborate and work on a design project. Here’s how it works and what features it provides:
- Access to a global community of talented graphic designers: Designhill has a global community of skilled graphic designers. So, clients can always find a creative mind with the right skill sets and experience for their specific design project.
- Various design services: This marketplace offers multiple design services, from logo design and business cards to social media graphics, and more. It lets small business owners to find services according to their needs.
- Flexibility to describe your creative ideas: The contest owners have the flexibility to describe their creative ideas and let designers submit designs based on them. They can finalize the design closest to their ideas.
- Various tools and templates: Designhill also provides various tools and templates that professionals and clients can use for their creative benefit. The list includes logo maker, digital business card maker, poster templates, PayPal fee calculator, comic maker, and more. The platform gives away these tools for free to use by businesses and designers.
Connecting designers and clients
The marketplace connects top designers with business owners or individual clients based on their needs. Once a design contest is in its final state, the marketplace runs a final round feature that allows clients to work with their choice of artistes. With this feature, they both can collaborate to make final revisions. Once the revisions are done, the client can select a winner and move forward.
So, with this collaborative process, clients can take a closer look at the design while it is in the creation process and offer their feedback to the designer. Also, the marketplace gives a money-back guarantee that business owners find dependable. They are sure of getting their money’s worth.
Here are some major benefits of Designhill for clients and designers:
- Clients get quality designs from skillful designers.
- Clients have multiple options, including launching design contests and working with a designer on a project.
- If unsatisfied with the result, clients can have the guarantee of getting their money back from the platform.
- Designhill is a popular creative marketplace with a vast reach among business owners and designers. This helps designers get much-needed exposure.
- designers get attractive compensation for their work.
- designers also can access a variety of projects per their interests.
With these benefits in place, clients and designers can work together to create unique visuals to convey the underlying brand message and reach business goals.
Design Contests and 1-to-1 Projects
Designhill lets clients launch their design contests to access dozens of new ideas. It also allows them to work on a 1-to-1 basis.
Here’s how it works:
- Design Contests: Business owners are allowed to launch a design contest with a brief for the designers under a specific pricing package. designers can then submit their creative designs to the client, who can pick a winner considering how close the design is to their brief.
- 1-to-1 Projects: Clients can offer their projects to a specific designer to work on a one-to-one basis. So, there is a closer interaction between the client and the designer.
- Pricing Packages: Designhill lets clients and designers pick pricing packages per their needs and budget.
Designhill offers you a variety of collaboration tools that help make the design process smoother. Both business owners and designers use these tools to come closer to designing something unique and fulfilling.
So, using a tool, clients can provide suggestions and feedback to the designers for improvements. Both can ponder different ideas to develop unique concepts that work well for the target audience.
While creating different designs such as logos, business cards, website designs, social media graphics, etc., the collaboration tools help work closely on a project. These also make sharing of files and resources convenient.
Design service types offered
Business owners and individuals should have different services per their budgets and requirements. Designhill offers other services and packages for the client’s design and budgetary needs.
Here are the major services that Designhill offers:
Design Contest: The creative platform lets business owners crowdsource ideas from global designers. The contest enables them to fill out a design brief and get dozens of design submissions. They can work closely with designers to get their project done within a limited timeframe. The contest starts from $249.
AI Logo Maker: This tool enables both designers and business owners to make professional logos in minutes. The simple editor is easy to handle and customize logos per one’s needs. The logo maker package starts from $20 only.
Graphic Design Gigs: The world’s top talents post their graphic design gigs that clients can take advantage of. They can find graphic design gigs across various industries and choose one per their budget or requirements.
Email Signature: The tool lets designers and business owners create impressive signatures. One can make email signatures across various clients, such as Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail, and more.
Pricing packages and costs
Designhill is known for offering varied pricing packages for clients from different budgets and design needs. They can save on costs by picking a suitable package.
You can choose from different design services to accommodate your budget and requirements. You can opt for a contest model that allows all the designers to participate in the contest by submitting their unique designs. Or, you can choose to go for 1-to-1 project per specific rates.
You also have the option to explore membership plans that give you quick access to a wide range of design services and tools. So, you will make an informed cost-based decision if you understand the average project pricing.
Design Contest rates.
The design contest model is popular with clients due to its varied benefits. But a better understanding of it will help in cutting your overall costs.
Here is what you need to know:
- Access different services: A significant advantage of the design contest model is that you can access all the services automatically. You get different design categories and unique ideas from dozens of talented designers.
- Quicker turnaround time: With the contest model, your design projects get completed on the scheduled date due to faster turnaround time. This is because of multiple designers working on a design project simultaneously. Traditional design processes generally take a longer time to complete.
- Less costly: Budget-conscious businesses find the contest model helpful since it involves only minimum costs. They can spend little and get multiple design ideas. This prevents hiring an expensive designer.
1-to-1 project rates
The 1-to-1 project pricing model allows you to work with your choice of talented designers. You can involve yourself with the design process right from start to finish. This project lets you compare designers based on their portfolios and sample works. Then, pick the one who best meets your design requirements.
Well, the costs under the 1-to-1 project depend on various factors, such as the designer’s experience, skill, and complexity of the project. But you will build a closer relationship with a professional designer whom you might like to hire again for future projects.
Average project costs
Many small businesses do not have a big marketing budget and wonder how much their logo and other designs will cost. With Designhill, they can explore varied design options to determine which best suits their budget.
The average costs of a design project will depend on various factors, such as the design type. But there are multiple piercing packages to choose from.
For instance, if you opt for a design contest, the minimum logo design project cost is $ 249, giving you access to dozens of new design concepts from an unlimited number of designers.
Quick delivery of projects
Designhill is also famous for their timely project completion. When a business owner launches a contest, the concern generally is about the project’s turnaround time. The creative marketplace also makes efforts to complete and deliver a project per the scheduled timeline. Still, factors like the number of revisions and complexity of the project can stretch the timeline.
Tips to manage your contest timeline.
You would like your logo or other design project delivered within the scheduled date. But you must plan your timeline carefully to keep the designers’ work on track.
Consider these tips while setting your contest timeline:
- Give designers enough time: Consider letting designers take their time while working on your project. Creative projects take a lot of time to complete. Therefore, set the scheduled date accordingly. Set aside a few days for buffer.
- Make a contest private: By making a contest private, you assure designers that no one except you can see their creative works during the contest.
- Give your feedback: You should give your opinion on a design when designers ask for it during the creative process. They want to hear from you to ensure they are on the right track in creating a design for your project. So, address their concerns quickly.
Major factors impacting turnaround time
Timely project delivery matters greatly for the clients. They should be getting the design on or before the scheduled date. Meanwhile, setting a turnaround time is essential. Here is what you need to consider:
Consider these tips while setting a date for the designers to deliver a project. Make sure that your design brief is clear and concise.
Helpful tips for running contests successfully:
You need to launch the contest strategically for a successful design contest that helps get many unique design ideas from as many designers as possible. Make certain that you consider these three basics:
- Write Clear Design Briefs
- Set realistic goals
- Give feedback on submissions
Write clear design briefs.
First, ensure that your brief for the designers is precise and clear. It should contain all the directions to guide them throughout your likes and dislikes regarding the design. Mention if there is a particular element of color, font, symbol, etc., that the designers must include.
Here are three essentials to remember:
- You should describe your project and its goals clearly. The designers should also know about your specific design requirements.
- Who is your target audience? Tell about the ideal customers that the design should target. You can also mention any specific design elements that must be a part of the design.
- Mention a clear submission date.
Such a design brief will give the designers clarity when they brainstorm a design idea. They can then come to know what you are expecting from the design. Here is how to write a perfect design brief for your next project.
Set realistic goals.
Your goals for the participant designers must be not just clear but realistic as well. Set goals that are achievable for all the designers. That will also ensure maximum participation of designers in your design contest.
Therefore, ensure you provide them with a detailed design brief mentioning your choice of colors, fonts, etc.
If you have a style preference for the design, let the designers know so they can pinpoint how it should look. Such a design can well align with your vision and brand.
Here are the design styles you can consider for your brief:
- Modern – Describe that the design should be minimalistic and clean
- Bold – Ask the designer to include vibrant colors that are strong visuals
- Vintage – Tell that the design contains elements of a bygone era
- Elegant – Such a design has a sophisticated and elegant feel to it
Give feedback on submissions
To extract the best designs from your contest, regularly contact the designers during the process. Give them your feedback so they can make timely adjustments and improvements while still working on the design. That also helps significantly in accessing a design that perfectly conveys your brand message and personality.
When giving feedback, here is what to consider:
- Your assessment criteria should be clear. That will help in making a neutral evaluation of the designs.
- When reviewing a design entry, take notes so that you remember the details. That also helps compare different design entries for their features and overall quality.
- Ensure you have established a scoring system that ranks designs per their quality for better assessment.
So, provide consistent feedback to track how the designers progress on the project. It will result in getting the most from them.
Tips to select winners:
Once the submission date is over, it is time for you to pick a design contest winner. But that is more challenging than you think. Here are a few points to consider:
- Set precise assessment criteria: First, have fair and transparent criteria to judge the design submission.
- Invite experts to judge: You may not be able to see the designs from a fresh and neutral eye. So, have an expert panel that understands designs the best. They will help you pick the right design for your brand.
- Ask for designers’ feedback: Consider involving the designers in picking the right design. So, ask them to give their opinion on a particular design submission. That helps greatly in selecting the winner of the contest.
Pros of using Designhill
A vast global community of business owners and designers already explore Designhill to access a variety of brand visuals such as logos, business cards, brochures, brand kit, and more.
Designhill boasts a global community of over 125K creative minds who specialize in their respective fields. They are always available to the clients. So, they will work on your project per your needs.
That also implies that as a client, you have designers of different backgrounds available to create visual assets that give your brand a unique identity. You can pick one winning design idea out of hundreds of submissions.
Designhill boasts of secured payment gateways. All your payment details and interactions are safe here.
The platform has a strict quality policy. designers using copied designs get banned immediately. They are barred from using the platform, hence, you always get original designs.
Alternatives of Designhill to explore
While Designhill is the choice of millions of users, some alternatives exist to this creative marketplace. If you are looking for alternative design platforms, here are the three important ones:
These alternatives also are helpful, but you should explore them carefully, considering your specific design needs. Make sure that their design service aligns well with your brand goals.
After going through all major aspects of Designhill and taking a good look from the clients’ and designers’ angles, it is time to give our opinion.
We suggest that though Designhill is a trustworthy creative marketplace, base your decision to access its services on your budget. You should also consider your project’s scope. Then, do not forget to consider the aesthetics of your design you wish to meet.
Judge the platform on every front to make a well-informed decision. We can only guide you, but it’s your decision that counts.
So, here are our final recommendations:
- While looking for trusted designers to work on your project, get recommendations from your friends, experts, and others in your community.
- Make sure that you compare different designers’ portfolios and case studies. It will give a clear perspective of their styles of designs and expertise.
- Ask the designers for their quotes and proposals. That helps in comparing their price packages, timelines, and services.
Now, you have a lot to explore to make a decision. Keep your options open and compare other sites before making a final call.
When it comes to choosing the right platform for creative services, Designhill is one name that comes to mind. It’s ideal for both business owners and designers. You can compare its logo design contest, logo maker, email signature, and other services for better decision-making. I Hope this Designhill review will help you out.